Proper installation is crucial to a long radiator life. Improper installation and maintenance can result in a short life of a radiator.
In order to reduce the risk of premature radiator failure, all customers purchasing a radiator from Westrac Ltd must read and understand the following installation guidelines:
Old Radiator Removal
- Check vehicle manual for any vehicle specific tips or warnings (possibly airbag diarming).
- Disconnect the negative terminal cable from the battery to avoid any electrical shorting.
- Allow radiator and coolant to completely cool.
- Cautiously remove radiator cap or plug.
- Completely drain radiator.
- Use proper tools to remove fittings and lines (to avoid damage to in & out lines).
- Remove upper mounting brackets.
- Disconnect and either slide or remove fan assembly
- If any AC components (such as condenser) must be disconnected or moved, ensure AC is drained.
- Carefully remove radiator.
New Radiator Installation.
- Place new radiator in place.
- Carefully thread back transmission or/and engine lines (stripping damage could void warranty claims).
- Tighten with appropriate tool, do not over tighten.
- If any AC components (such as condenser) was disconnected, reconnect.
- Reconnect fan assembly.
- Flush cooling system with proper flushing chemicals (failure to flush voids warranty).
- Refill using only approved coolant (non-approved coolant may void warranty).
- Do NOT use un-distilled water if using concentrate mix (use of contaminated water void warranty).
- Ensure bleeding valves are properly opened (if vehicle has such valve) when starting vehicle (next step).
- Start vehicle with your heater turned all to hot.
- Allow vehicle to warm up until thermostat is open and allowing coolant to flow (you know this is happening when the hose heats up).
- Check for leaks while engine is running (WARNING: some components may be hot).
- After running a little while, check if top off of approved coolant is needed.
Note: We highly recommended that a professional mechanic or radiator technician installs any new radiator purchased.
- Warranty does not include any damage caused by foreign objects.
- Warranty can only be granted if there are no signs of improper installation.