Proper installation is crucial to a long turbocharger life. Improper installation and maintenance can result in a short life of a turbo.
In order to reduce the risk of premature turbo failure, all customers purchasing a turbo from Westrac Ltd must read and understand the following installation guidelines:
Before fitting the turbo, please check and clean the following parts (and/or replace if necessary):
- Check oil pump,
- Check and clean the complete intake system,
- Check and clean oil strainer to prevent residual carbon.
- Check exhaust system and clean any blockages,
- Check and clean oil sump,
- Check and clean the DPF system (If equipped),
- Check and clean intercooler,
- Check and clean turbo oil lines and banjo bolts,
- Check wastegate actuator wiring (If equipped).
- Change the engine oil.
- Change oil and air filter.
- Ensure oil level is above minimum
Fit the turbo and test the oil flow of your engine.
Important: Be sure the oil level is above minimum level before testing:
Install the turbo to the engine with oil return pipe off;
- Align the bearing housing to where the oil drain is pointing down within 30 degrees, tighten all clamps.
- Crank engine until oil drains out of the oil drain on the turbo.
- Use a long oil line; attach one end to the oil drain line, and the other into a container to catch draining oil,
- Start your engine for 60s then power off;
Important: There should be at least 0.3L oil in the container;
Repeat the test to confirm the flow is right and stable.
Note: We highly recommended that a professional mechanic or turbo technician installs any new turbo purchased.
- Warranty does not include any damage caused by foreign objects.
- Warranty can only be granted if there are no signs of improper installation.